One Reverse Mortgage offers three types of home equity conversion mortgages, all of which are insured by the FHA. Aside from specific requirements of the loan, we can customize the loan to your individual needs.
Loan Option 1 - Adjustable Rate HECM
The Adjustable Rate HECM is an option that provides financial flexibility. The Adjustable Rate HECM can be utilized in the following ways:
1. Subject to an Initial Disbursement Limit, you can receive the loan proceeds from a line of credit, monthly disbursements, lump sum or a combination of the three. Using the proceeds from your loan could allow you to delay other retirement benefits* and investments, which allows them more time to potentially increase in value.
2. You are not required to take any money at the time you start your line of credit. The amount of available funds can grow over time, giving you more money to access in the future.
Loan Option 2 – Fixed Rate HECM
The Fixed Rate HECM disburses money in one lump sum and locks the interest rate in place at the time of closing. The interest rate is the same for the duration of the loan. This loan option is typically used to:
1. Pay off mortgage balances, property liens, medical bills, and required home repairs.
2. Pay for living expenses so your other investments and benefits have more time to potentially grow in value.*
Loan Option 3 - HECM for Purchase
Using a reverse mortgage, you can purchase a new home with no required monthly mortgage payment.** With a reverse mortgage, you are not required to repay the loan until it becomes due and payable. The loan generally becomes due and payable if you (or an eligible non-borrowing spouse during a deferral period) move, sell the property, or pass away. You remain the owner of the home and you (or an eligible non-borrowing spouse during a deferral period) must continue to pay property taxes, insurance fees, and home maintenance costs. Here are some things to know about this loan:
1. Many people use this program to buy a home that is closer to family, in a warmer climate, or better suits their physical needs.
2. The down payment is, in part, determined by the youngest borrower or eligible non-borrowing spouse. The older that person is, the less the borrower would potentially need to put down.
At One Reverse Mortgage, our licensed specialists are here to answer questions and help with your decision. One of the great advantages of working with us is that your licensed specialist is with you throughout the entire process.
* Please consult your financial advisor.
** Homeowner is responsible for property taxes, homeowners insurance and maintenance of the property.