The Reverse Mortgage program isn’t just for single family homes. People who have manufactured homes are also eligible as long as their property meets certain guidelines.
- The property must be built after June 15th, 1976 have an attached “HUD tab” permanently affixed to the side of the property
- The foundation of the property must meet be permanent in nature and meet all HUD guidelines
- The manufactured home cannot have been previously installed on any other site. The home can only have been moved from the location of purchase to its current location
- The manufactured home must be taxed as real property
- The manufactured home must have a floor area of at least 400 square feet
- The manufactured home must not be part of a condominium project
In addition to the parameters listed above, you will need an engineers certificate stating that the foundation on the property is up to HUD guidelines. This certificate typically costs around $500 and will need to be paid for upfront by the client in order to proceed with the loan.
As always, the specifics of your situation are unique and you should consult a Reverse Mortgage specialist for any questions as to whether or not you will be able to qualify for a loan.